I have a small pond that when full is ~8000 sq. ft. according to Google Earth and it fluctuates based on ground water levels. Spring rains and runoff are the only water source. Once the rain stops the water level drops several inches per day until the water table is reached - currently about 6' below ground level. That leaves the pond about 1/3 the surface area though the depth is still about 6'-7' at the deep end. The exposed shoreline is about 30-45 degree slope in most areas. The soil above the level of the pond stays damp and/or wet about 3 feet up from the water.

I've been thinking about drilling a well so the pond level can be kept up most of the year. Access to electric would depend on where the well is placed but it would be about 50'-200' at most. The quote I've got for digging just the well is $2900. Add about $2K-$4K for the other stuff that would be needed and depending on the pump.

Our house is on a well for residential use and it's about 125 deep as I recall. Is there any way to make use of that? As an experiment a couple of years ago I did run a garden hose to it for 24 hours and it did raise the level slightly when it was at its lowest. I'd guess that flow rate was maybe 3 GPM. We'll probably sell in 3 years or so which means I'd like to reduce the cost as much as possible. Having a full pond year round would probably help with the selling so there's that potential benefit, but it's not guaranteed.

I did read the thread from about 8 years ago on a similar topic but no real solution.