Hey Stevie Ray (way cool name BTW),
I'm a DIY'r when it comes to my fish. Everything has either been self propagated or bucket stocked. Back in early summer I transplanted 3 LMB ranging from 10.5 to 13 inches. At the time, I had loads of 2-3 inch BG and GSF and ranging upwards to a few near 7. Since their introduction, I've seen those smaller class fish steadily be reduced and lots of new fry/fingerlings take their place.

My hopes is that come spring, my LMB will now be able to have a successful spawn, whose newborn (if only 5 or 6 survive) will target those YOY BG and GSF. At which time the 3 original LMB will be removed (If I can catch them) and the process starts all over.

I've learned it's a waiting game and patience is indeed a virtue regarding crowd control on your pond' s inhabitants. Timing and size class of stockers is also very important. If you stock small, you're buying food for your larger fish. If you decide to restock, try to get larger breeders who can avoid being eaten. I haven't bucket stocked anything smaller than 3 inches.

Last edited by Mike Whatley; 08/11/18 11:38 AM.

.10 surface acre pond, 10.5 foot deep. SW LA. The epitome of a mutt pond. BG, LMB, GSF, RES, BH, Warmouth, Longear Sunfish, Gambusia,Mud Minnows, Crappie, and now shiners!!...I subscribe!!