Been gone a couple weeks so was a little concerned my SMB recruitment fingerlings would be off feed as they have not been fed in that time. Threw a mixture of Optimal Starter #4 and Optimal BG Jr out and the fingerlings were hitting it right and left. Kind of fun watching them as they seemed to be picky about the size and or shape of pellet they hit. Best I could tell they have grown enough they were preferring the BG jr pellet size over the starter. I could see sometimes they would start for a pellet, veer off course only to choose a different one.

They seem to be relatively easy to catch. The fingerlings at least. They seem to be hungry and they seemed to have grown in the two weeks since I saw them last. Pictures below.

The largest fish I am unsure if it is a YOY that is a jumper and has really grown well or if it is one of the original stockers that is a runt (about 6"). All seemed to be healthy. I caught about ten and moved to my forage pond to be sure I still have some there. There seems to be an abundance of SMB recruitments but no sign of RES fingerlings. They may be there and I am just not seeing them. Need to try the cast net again.

Attached Images
20180729_174057.jpg 20180729_181328.jpg 20180729_173615.jpg
Last edited by snrub; 07/29/18 11:00 PM.

John

I subscribe to Pond Boss Magazine