Purchased a property in Nov with an existing 3 acre pond on it. It was built in 1963 and was originally about 18 feet deep. It's now about 13 at it's deepest (a lot of silting). It's well stocked with bluegill, crappie, bass and some catfish. It's about 1/2 surrounded by trees, so gets a lot of fall forage in it. It's also spring fed in at least 3 places, so has very good water flow through it. There is about a one to two foot layer of muck at the bottom.

First part of the spring I struggled with algae blooms. I used a combination of 6oz Argos and 6oz Diquat / gal. I sprayed the blooms directly. This killed the algae blooms. I then used pond bacteria to return good bacteria to the pond and try to reduce the muck. The pond was clear for a couple months.

It's now about 1/3 covered in duck weed and it is quickly overtaking the pond. I don't want to have to spay it and am looking for some form of treatment to kill it.

I know I have a nutrient problem, but am unable to clear trees or eliminate leaves from entering. I also don't have any electricity near the pond for aeration, so that's currently not an option.

I need some general advise on managing the vegetation on the pond. Immediately, I need to get rid of the duck weed.

Thoughts? Thanks!

Mark