I've bucket stocked about 20 BG, a couple warmouth and maybe a dozen RES this spring, and three 10-12" LMB a couple months ago for crowd control. Along with the BH and GSF that just showed up, partially due to hurricane Harvey and "natural causes", Ive now got a very diverse mix of fish. Hand feeding a mixture of Game Fish Chow and Aquamax 500 once a day. I'm now seeing BG and GSF in the 7" range and lots of 3-5" fish. The BH I see and catch are between 6-10". Haven't spent a dime on fish, just on pond maintainance (500# of ag lime from TSC) and feed, and fully expect to start harvesting some nice sunfish by next spring. The only major expense I'm planning is on aeration, and think I can get that done for around $500.

I guess what I'm saying is....it definitely can be done on a very small budget. Get yourself a bag of feed and let the kids start hand feeding. They'll love it as much as catching them, and you'll grow some really nice fish to eat.

.10 surface acre pond, 10.5 foot deep. SW LA. The epitome of a mutt pond. BG, LMB, GSF, RES, BH, Warmouth, Longear Sunfish, Gambusia,Mud Minnows, Crappie, and now shiners!!...I subscribe!!