It lasted 5 days before it quit.
That was a record.

Tore it apart and found my solder joint repair had failed. The ultra cheap aluminum stranded wire is just not up to the task.
After examining everything closely and having several beers, I noticed the replacement motor was 6V.
The original was 12V. Hmmm....

Called the folks at wild game innovations and they swore that the 6V motor was the correct one and that only 6v was ever used in the upper motor.
Sounds like a fish story...

So I ordered an inexpensive waterproof 12V to 6V transformer. I replaced the factory wire run with quality copper stranded wire from the timer power output all the way to the motor terminals. I soldered the new wire to the motor and ruggedized the joints.
I wired the transformer in line close to the timer in case it needs attention.
I now see 6.2V at the motor leads. That should help with longevity and heat build up.

Here is the nice part- upon testing, I found the upper motor spins about half as fast as when it was on 12V. Thats a good thing, since it fed/slung feed to the lower motor much too fast.
Two seconds of feed time now equals what 1 second would feed previously. It now throws further out and gives the thrower motor a chance to fully clear the chute of nuggets prior to shutting/slowing down.
A fully cleared chute means less ants, coons and potential jams from wet food clogging the works.

I buttoned it all up, filled it half full of tractor supply catfish chow, said a prayer, had a beer and left it for the week.

Time will tell.

Attached Images
51nwXJew8rL._AC_SY400_.jpg
Last edited by Clay N' Pray; 07/15/18 08:12 AM.

Half acre 30 year old farm pond, Mebane NC. Aeration & feeder.
LMB, CC, SC, BG, HBC, two no account welfare carp and nine seasonal Tilapia that all the other fish are terrified of.