Purchased a 5 acre, 50 year old pond in Dinwiddie, Va. three years ago. I am on borrowed time watching the spillway erode away. There is no drain pipe.
It has original pine trees on it that are starting to die out, plus a few large hardwoods, mainly gum and maple that are quite hardy.
After three rounds of removing beaver families, there has been no dam-building activity for six months now.
With the beavers gone, I have been able to lower the water level down to 2-3' below dam height. The pond is 12' deep at the most at the dam.
I am guessing the dam on the back side is a good 40'-50' drop. There has been a tremendous amount of erosion over the years along at least half of the backside of the dam.
With all this said, I am trying to find someone qualified willing to come and access my situation on-site.
There are plenty of excavators around here that say I have put drain pipes in dams before. But, when I start talking about anti-seep collars and good clay, they say they have never used them before.
Does anyone know of a contact in south-central Virginia that has some experience?
Thanks