I need some expert advice. I have read some other posts, some similar, but I think each situation is unique. I have owned this pond for 6 years now. When we bought it we were told it was spring fed and neighbors stated that it had not ever been dry in the 30 years it has been here. Insert us in 2012, it went bone dry in 2013 we had a bad drought the first part of the year. Now again... bone dry. We need a fix. What is going on?

We are in Central Kansas, north of Wichita about 35 minutes. Yesterday I went exploring and dug a hole. I have about 16" of silt, hit some black dirt and then a layer of sand/clay mix and water slowly started trickling in. I went another 6 - 8" and water filled in faster. I let it sit over night, water came up to the silt level of the hole and stabilized. Water is clean and clear in the hole. Water table, spring, other, idk?

Problem #1, little to no money to throw at this. Problem #2 I don't even know where to start. Any advice would be much appreciated. Pictures are attached. Thanks.

Attached Images
Pond2014.PNG Pond2017.PNG IMG_1941.JPG IMG_2064.JPG