It a 20 acre pond but not real deep? Could it of had a fish kill maybe over the winter? Maybe you have a couple of otters they will kill a pond quick!! Although you would think the bass would be hurting as well.

LMB can eat a LOT of food. And the BG in your area don't spawn I would guess near as much as say mine do. It's so warm here my BG will spawn 6 or 7 times a year.

Here is something to think about.

So you think you want to grow trophy bass? If so, get ready to feed them, feed them well - and this may be more of a challenge than you realize.
Recent research suggests that largemouth bass, under optimal conditions, are capable of consuming as much as 5 percent of their body weight daily. So a 5 lbs bass could eat up to 8 or so 4oz bluegill a week. So if you have 200 plus LMB in your pond BOOOYAAA baby you better find you a BG hole and recruit!! lol. I am just now starting to have a issue with some of my bass having a little bit bigger head than body... and that's because I don't have the right size class BG for them to eat. It's always a juggle man. If you have 5 to 10 bass in the shore together cruising looking for food your BG cant keep up I bet! Good Luck! When you catch the bass start taking some Relative Weight samples and see if they are near or at 100 percent RW if not at 95 percent or better you could be in trouble and it's time to start taking out some bass or putting in some BG. Or both. Good Luck man!! RC

The only difference between a rut and a Grave is the depth. So get up get out of that rut and get moving!! Time to work!!