Well, I built the trap/feeder and the beetles came, but I am not satisfied with the results. First off, I removed my auto-feeder and replaced it with this...

The first evening of the install I heard a couple of fish hits in the jug soon after beetles were entering so I thought all was going to go as hoped. After a couple of days, the trap/feeder would have several cups of live beetles floating in the trap in the evening. The fish were not eating the amount being trapped. I wish I had a control trap to get a feel for the amount they might be eating, but I don't. The last few days I have been picking the trap up off the water and releasing the beetles to float around as I hand feed. I am not witnessing any beetle hits and once the fish are done eating pellets the beetles are left to float around and eventually get to the shore or some mat of FA, get their bearings and fly off.

I'm afraid I will be removing the trap/feeder soon since their interest has faded, but before that, I think I will try to scoop the beetles up and hand toss them in the pond like I did as a test initially and see if the sound and splash does not re-encourage them.

Attached Images
Beetle Trap-Feeder RESIZE.jpg

Fish on!,
Noel