I bet it would be. My wife likes filleting everything, even small GSF and BG that many people would scale and gut whole. And who am I to argue with her? (not that great of an idea to do so).

She is willing to try new things but with just the two of us for most meals our portion sizes for cooking each meal are small.

When we fillet a batch of fish she will soak them in water with a little milk for a few hours or over night. Then cut the fillets into the size pieces we like, then freeze them on a cookie sheet in the freezer. When the individual pieces are frozen enough to be firm or solid she then either vacuum seals them in freezer bags or puts them in zip lock bags (for stuff we will use soon) and throws the bags of fish nuggets/sticks in the freezer.

Then it is just a matter of when we want fish for a meal to take out however many pieces we want to eat for that meal. No waste and almost as convenient as buying store bought fish. We actually like them a little better after being frozen than cooked fresh, but I know many people would disagree with that.

That is kind of the method to her fish madness. She is one heck of a good cook.

Last edited by snrub; 07/05/18 09:06 AM.

John

I subscribe to Pond Boss Magazine