I went out this morning using the same rig as last evening while the wife was starting breakfast. Just walking the edge all around the pond. No significant bites, but I did see a very diverse mix.

Naturally, more GSF than anything, but not much more. Also caught BG, one small WMS, and one small RES. Mostly in the 2.5-4" range. The BG, even at that size, are already sporting that humped forehead, so I'm assuming they're growing well. GSF all had bloated bellies so there's no doubt they're feeding well. Probably around 25 fish in both outings.

I have to finish the roof on my outside kitchen today so may try again later after it gets warmer and too hot to swing a framing gun.

I'm liking that I haven't spent a dime on fish and have what looks like a good mix. I may invest in a few larger RES to help them out tho.

Last edited by Mike Whatley; 06/30/18 08:16 AM.

.10 surface acre pond, 10.5 foot deep. SW LA. The epitome of a mutt pond. BG, LMB, GSF, RES, BH, Warmouth, Longear Sunfish, Gambusia,Mud Minnows, Crappie, and now shiners!!...I subscribe!!