Update on the LMB stocked in this sediment pond with the purpose of growing them out to a size I can move them to my main pond. On another thread the discussion turned to BG suppressing LMB recruitment which is the problem I have in my main pond and the reason this sediment pond is being using as a grow out pond for the LMB fingerlings. discussion tangent starts here.

I have moved three of the LMB from this pond at about 10" over to my main pond. They seemed very easy to catch. But my further attempts to catch some of these stocked fish mostly result in catching 4-5" CNBG and hybrids with an occasional GSF.

So not sure if the winter killed some, the cormorant flock that I ran off several times got them, a large GSF that I don't know I have ate the fingerlings, or maybe the rest of them are just hard to catch, but the last couple times I fished have had no luck getting LMB to bite. Do I have any significant portion of the originally 100 stocked still in the pond? Don't know.

If 100 stocked LMB turns out to be 3 that went into my main pond and that is all there is, it is going to be an expensive stocking program to get three additional LMB into my main pond.

Will try fishing it again after a weather change.

Last edited by snrub; 06/24/18 12:42 PM.

John

I subscribe to Pond Boss Magazine