Yesterday I received 1200 HSB from Keo Fish Farms in Keo Arkansas. It was an amazingly simple process. I thought I'd throw together a post with some youtube videos so people could see what to expect if they ever attempt similar. I'm attempting to grow them out in a 1100 sq ft pond til October of this year. Although I am starting them in a cage for the first week or so to allow me to monitor them. I'll try to update this with their growth. I apologize for not getting an actual picture of one so you could judge their size. I'll see what I can get done the next time I handle them. I also apologize as in the first video I called them muskie. Apparently I had muskie on my mind. Feel free to chime in and tell me what I did wrong so people can learn, etc.

Christmas morning.....

The acclimation period......

The release....

And two hours later they're feeding.... (sorry you can't see the feeding well, I had already thrown some in when I started videoing, it was fun to watch them swarm to the area and feed) And just for the record, Keo told me to start them on 1.5mm or smaller feed. I started them on Optimal Grower #2, which is 1.2mm.

So from 5pm Wednesday to 12pm on Thursday 1200 fish had gone from Little Rock Arkansas to South Central Nebraska, were acclimated and feeding. I hope the success continues.

Last edited by NEDOC; 06/23/18 06:52 AM.

Just a Pond Boss 'sponge'