This has most likely been discussed, and I'm not sure if this is the right section to post this question, but here goes it...

After several weeks of excessive heat and no rain, We've finally got a break in the summer doldrums. The concern now is that it's rained continuously for two days. Surprising, the pond has only received about two inches of new water from runoff and rainfall. It has stayed remarkably clear as well. Prior to the change in weather surface temps had crept into the mid to upper 90s. My question is...

Without aeration, how cool does the surface water need to get before it's dense enough to sink and create a turnover. I'm thinking this could be pretty detrimental to every fish in the pond.

Never seems to be a happy medium to our weather. Luckily, I don't think it's a really cold rain as temps are staying in the 80s during the day and 70s at night.

Last edited by Mike Whatley; 06/19/18 11:43 AM.

.10 surface acre pond, 10.5 foot deep. SW LA. The epitome of a mutt pond. BG, LMB, GSF, RES, BH, Warmouth, Longear Sunfish, Gambusia,Mud Minnows, Crappie, and now shiners!!...I subscribe!!