Originally Posted By: anthropic

I'm really sorry to hear about the poor service there. Anyone can slip up occasionally, but if it happens repeatedly...

It's not all the store personnel's fault. It's their silly ordering system.

From what I understand, if an ordered item is not at their distributing warehouse within a week, the order gets cancelled. The store clerk has to place the order again, and go up the supply chain to ensure the warehouse gets it in stock. If not in stock at the warehouse after this, it gets cancelled again. When it finally comes in at the warehouse, there is no existing order for the feed unless the store clerk has placed the order again within the previous week.

It's asking a lot these days for store clerks to follow up on orders, it seems. That's why you have to hound them every week until it comes in. It's a hassle and somewhat embarrassing to do so.

Hopefully someone from the Purina supply chain is reading this.

The individual bag/half pallet shipping rates are too high to justify for all the feed brands. I wish there was a mill close by.....

Edit: I just ordered a bag of AM500 from them (local store). I am not going to follow up or hound them. Waiting to see what happens, if they call when it's in or if it ever comes in.

Last edited by John Fitzgerald; 06/19/18 09:52 AM.