Thanks guys! There is very little water in there right now, just from the inlet stream and flows through the pond bottom and out the other side. The original outlet was a pipe Laid horizontal at bottom of pond with a 90degree elbow with a vertical pipe to control depth. I have seen some local ponds set up this way and a few others had a horizontal pipe on the pond edge to control depth. Is one method better than the other. If I did a horizontal drain at the top esge of pond to control depth, I would leave the pipe at the bottom and just cap it off where it exits to the stream that way if I needed to drain the pond in the future I would have the ability. And yes you are correct, there is a thin layer of soil at the bottom but just under the grass I can get the original clay bottom. To be honest we were debating burying the pond for a while but it would actually cost me more to bury then repair. I have no access to fill on my property and I would need to pipe the water entering the pond below the fill because there is no way to divert or stop the water from entering the pond long term. Thanks again!!