Hello Everyone, new member here. We purchased my current home 6 years ago. There was an old pond on the property that was empty due to a broken pipe that controlled the depth. The owner had not repaired it since he was selling the house. The water comes in through a small stream that formed from several different mountain springs. The pond has been empty now for over 6 years so theres lots of grass and cattails growing. The pond ised to have a healthy population of brook trout and thrived. I would like to repair and refill and restock with brook trout. I have access to a small excavator and would be able to scrape the grass and other vegetation from it and start over. Some locals are telling me to just cut the vegetation and clean itup and refill. What do you guys recommend? I have attached some puctures so you can have an idea what Situation I have. The grass is tall so the pucs make it look more shallow than it is. Its about 8-10ft on one end and stays that way a little over the halfway point and then gets shallower near the inlet. Appreciate any advice. Thanks in advance.

Attached Images
IMG_5528.JPG IMG_5529.JPG IMG_5530.JPG