Yup!! I've read that too. BSF are the new frontier of organic farming. They've been used for chicken and hog feed for a while. Just depends on how big you wanna go. There are factories now that are 100% dedicated to BSF larva based feed production. They dry them, grind them into meel and package it. I may have to buy a dehydator and coffee grinder to make my own meel for fry and YOY.

So far, no detrimental environmental issues have been identified. A small generator can produce up to a quart of "grubs" a day. That should work for me just fine! If they can at least reduce the deer fly problem, I'll be real happy. They bad round here!!

Probably the only non-nuisance insect around. We've got plenty around here with two horse sables close by. I can't argue with 42% protien and 35% fat. The results should be outstanding. I can see 2# GSF lurking in my pond already!! Maybe even a couple massive bull bream and shellcrackers.

.10 surface acre pond, 10.5 foot deep. SW LA. The epitome of a mutt pond. BG, LMB, GSF, RES, BH, Warmouth, Longear Sunfish, Gambusia,Mud Minnows, Crappie, and now shiners!!...I subscribe!!