My experience with supplimental feeding is a new and ever growing learning curve.

I have Purina brand readily available thru my local feed store and the AM is high protein enough for my gang of mutts. The YOY and new fry won't grow as fast, but once they're up in size they can naturally switch to the bigger feed. I'll just mix the two as I go, probably 25%AM/75%GFC to start and adjust as time goes by until I can get my Black Soldier Fly generator going (hopefully next spring).

Once I'm producing larva, which are 42% protein/35% fat, that's all I'll feed them. The supply will be ample and my only ongoing expense will be slop. They can be dried or frozen for storage, but I think, from what I've read and understand, I'll be able to feed the fish well with fresh daily supplies. I strictly hand feed because my pond isn't big enough (IMO) to warrant the expense of a feeder.

.10 surface acre pond, 10.5 foot deep. SW LA. The epitome of a mutt pond. BG, LMB, GSF, RES, BH, Warmouth, Longear Sunfish, Gambusia,Mud Minnows, Crappie, and now shiners!!...I subscribe!!