What I did today was get disappointed.

I stopped by the local co-op and picked a sack of Aquamax 500. Decided I wanted to use it instead of the Game Fish Chow. They ate it pretty well, but the smaller fish had a tough time due to the consistent size of the pellets, where GFC has mixed sizes...disappointment #1.

Then I mowed my grass and ran the weed eater around the pond, wanting to get it done before it started raining....sweated my hind end off....disappointment #2.

After dinner I decided to bait my two clover leafs with some of the GFC and set them out while I dunked a night crawler to try to catch a few BHC. Caught two right off the bat then the bite just quit....#3

So I pull up my first trap only to find a dang crappie in it. Now I've got a real mutt pond!

After 6 or 7 sets, this is the first crappie I've caught. About 4.5" long. I was hoping the Harvey flood had spared me of those fish, but my luck ain't that good. It went in the tank with the 2 BHC to be released into the bayou down the road. Here's the list of known species now...GSF, BG, RES, Warmouth, Pumpkinseed, LMB, BHC and now Crappie. Doubt seriously it's a black and what's the odds it was all by it's lonesome.

.10 surface acre pond, 10.5 foot deep. SW LA. The epitome of a mutt pond. BG, LMB, GSF, RES, BH, Warmouth, Longear Sunfish, Gambusia,Mud Minnows, Crappie, and now shiners!!...I subscribe!!