That sounds like a plan in the making!! I'll try to talk the wife into taking a little road trip up your way sometime soon.

I guess my initial concern with the high surface temps were partially unfounded. Apparently these fish don't mind the warm water. The banks are littered with small fish in inches of water when I get home and they're ganged up waiting where I feed them. If i walk the bank theres a big wad of puppies following me.

I need to figure out a way to measure temps at different depths. I'm guessing that they must have a sufficient sanctuary out in deeper water. Still find one floating occasionally but I guess that's to be expected as well.

From this point on I'll let the fish tell me what's happening and hope I can get it resolved before it's too late. Hopefully I'll be securing an aeration system before too long.

.10 surface acre pond, 10.5 foot deep. SW LA. The epitome of a mutt pond. BG, LMB, GSF, RES, BH, Warmouth, Longear Sunfish, Gambusia,Mud Minnows, Crappie, and now shiners!!...I subscribe!!