Originally Posted By: teehjaeh57
Luke even some of my trophy male BG [WR 130+] have that shrunken abdominal area...Dr. Bruce Condello [Bigbluegill.com] never seems concerned by it as a sign of poor performance, as the rest of the fish demonstrates very healthy characteristics. I have to admit though, when I see that shrunken area it suggests to me a reason for concern...just doesn't look right to me! One way to resolve this is to assess the WR of any fish with the shrink characteristic - it did set my mind to ease...at least a little bit.

This guy did not strike me as unhealthy in any way. We have noticed our BG getting more vivid since we started feeding them last year. I know they are spawning/nesting now too, and that also greatly impacts their colors (as I have learned from you and the other pond pros and scientists).
We are just really enjoying catching bigger/healthier BG! When I see what you and Dr Condello and others are able to accomplish, I get pretty stoked!

"Politics": derived from 'poly' meaning many, and 'tics' meaning 'blood sucking parasites'.