Originally Posted By: FireIsHot
Richmond Mill's water is so acidic there is no viable BG recruitment, and it has more 2#+ BG than any other BOW I've ever been on. Do regular rules apply when talking about anomaly's? If the water conditions were more favorable to BG as a whole, would Richmond Mills still be the BOW it is? They obviously feed heavily, but I'm with John (snrub). If you're feeding all the BG in a healthy pond, I wouldn't think the odds are as good for a 2# BG.

Richmond Mill's also has an unnatural quantity of LMB. They, like the BG are pellet fed. I presume because they are pellet fed they must be sourced to a hatchery and not naturally recruited. It is really difficult to make a plausible case that Richmond Mill's is an example of what one can expect from a feeding regimen. This is only a theory, I can't back it up, but I suspect that feeding does more than just grow existing BG. I wonder if it helps more BG achieve the gape limit making the need for feed all the greater if one has trophy BG goals. Richmond Mill's is an exception to this theory it would seem. I wasn't aware its poor recruitment was assisted by acidic water. However, couple this with an unnatural quantity of LMB and it might be trophy water whether one feeds or not? Whatever the case, feeding doesn't prevent 2 LB BG there for sure.

Last edited by jpsdad; 06/13/18 09:51 PM.

It isn't what we don't know that gives us trouble, it's what we know that ain't so - Will Rogers