Thanks for the Pm ewest. I read through both links. I think what I got from it all was it's better to aerate in the early morning hours more than any time, but that's not feasible in my case. I'm waiting until late afternoon to do anything, which may be a mistake since that's when the DO level is probably at its highest naturally.

I am modifying my method somewhat, however. The motor is running now and I've set it with the prop half way out of the water. It's not moving nearly the amount of surface area as yesterday, but it's spraying water thru the air a good 10 ft behind the boat, so right now I'm mainly aerating the surface.

I'm gonna let it do that for about an hour then I'll lower the prop and give everything a good stir for about 10 minutes. That aught to give them a good dose of O2 a bit deeper too.

Guess I'm going to have to make this a daily routine until I can get an aerator installed. I don't expect we'll get much relief from the heat any time soon. Surface temp was back up to 94 today.

Oh yeah...found my keys!!

.10 surface acre pond, 10.5 foot deep. SW LA. The epitome of a mutt pond. BG, LMB, GSF, RES, BH, Warmouth, Longear Sunfish, Gambusia,Mud Minnows, Crappie, and now shiners!!...I subscribe!!