I have to admit Don, I love being able to sit at my kitchen table and see those big males doing their thing from 80 feet away, but I get concerned when I see all those fry and not having a good food base. They seem to be doing ok tho. I'm going to just keep feeding and not think about fertilizer. Hydrating the feed seems to be the way to go as it softens the feed up quicker and makes it more attainable to everything. Will probably increase the amount a bit then look into switching to a higher protein feed.

You are correct about the aeration. Haven't gotten that far yet. I have been considering plumbing into my well with a venturi and then running the water outlet to the inflow and let it run into the pond above ground. I'm down about a foot right now and what little rain we've gotten hasn't been enough to benefit anything. By oxygenating the water before it gets to the pond and then the air contact as it flows in may help both my DO and lower the temp, at least temporarily. Tests on the well Ph have been in the 7s consistently.

.10 surface acre pond, 10.5 foot deep. SW LA. The epitome of a mutt pond. BG, LMB, GSF, RES, BH, Warmouth, Longear Sunfish, Gambusia,Mud Minnows, Crappie, and now shiners!!...I subscribe!!