These fry were gathered up in the overflow tube. They had swam up the 8" tube from my main pond. There was a trickle of water overflowing from the sediment pond and some of them were trying to jump up the 6" high 90 degree elbow into the sediment pond with no luck.

I think they are BG but I suppose they could be LMB fry. Too small for me to identify. They are maybe 3/8" long. Dipped some up with an aquarium net and put them in a glass jar for a picture. Either my phone or the photographer did not do a very good job, but maybe one of them is good enough for someone to ID these fry.

After the glass jar I put them in a small concrete pond out our back door that had no fish in it. That was a few days ago and the fish seem to be doing fine and no floaters that I saw. Maybe I can grow them big enough to get a positive ID.

I assumed these fish came from my main pond and swam up the overflow tube for a safe place to hide. It just dawned on me they could have came from the sediment pond while it was overflowing and they just stayed and grouped up in the overflow.

Edit: Could be GSF also. GSF in both ponds as well as RES

Attached Images
20180531_184706.jpg 20180531_203708.jpg 20180531_203720.jpg 20180531_203729.jpg
Last edited by snrub; 06/03/18 09:26 PM.

John

I subscribe to Pond Boss Magazine