I had an "interesting" Memorial Day weekend....a bit of a learning experience.

The guy that built the log cabins told me he would be in the area and asked if he could spend one night in a cabin he built at our property. He did a great job on the project so I gladly said "yes". He is rarely up this way and they are super nice folks.

After Fri night he approached me Sat morning and stated his wife and family were having such a good time "was it ok if they stayed a second night"? I agreed it would be ok, but was slightly concerned about the level of fishing they were doing.

These 6 folks had 5 VERY PASSIONATE fisherman among them and they were very skilled fishermen. They were there Fri, Sat, and left Sunday about noon. They fished and fished and fished and fished....they were out there Sat night at 10PM with spotlights in the dark fishing and catching.

They fished right up until the moment they left Sunday about noon. They reported they had caught over 100 fish. They released most of the fish. I had them keep catfish and few bass.

I love to have guests come out for a few hours and fish...that's really what the place is for...relaxing and catch a few fish...but I don't want people coming out and spending multiple days on a frantic pace of non-stop fishing. I just think there is some truth about fish becoming hook-shy.

I had no idea these folks were such passionate/skilled fisherman, so it really caught me by surprise. I knew the builder liked to fish, but his relatives were fishing fanatics! If they ask to come back (and I am sure they will after being so thrilled) I will have to either decline or inform them my pond is not meant to get that kind of non-stop multi-day marathon fishing pressure.

Like all of us on Pond Boss I've invested a lot of time, money, sweat, tears and will not allow a repeat of this type of event. I had never really thought about this but it is a bit of an unknown when you invite someone that brings a few family members as to what level of fanatic fishermen are in the group. I guess odds are that this was a rare circumstance. I sure hope so....

Fishing has never been about the fish....