Here are some pictures of the actual fish stocking process. There was some speculation from Bob if we were going to be able to get the fish truck (and his trailer also with fish on it) close enough to be able to "pipe" the fish to the water. Bob was afraid if he could not get close enough it was going to be a lot of bucketing carrying fish to the water (an ulterior motive for inviting me to participate???......hmmmm) laugh Fortunately both the truck and gooseneck trailer were able to traverse what would become the lake bottom and deliver the fish to within piping distance.

To get some size perspective, where the fish truck is pictured, if the lake was full the truck would be just about if not fully submerged.

It is a pretty long process by the time lake water is pumped into each holding tank and enough time has elapsed so the fish get acclimated to their new water before being shot down the tube into their new home.

Within just a half hour of the fish introduction to the lake I could spot them positioning around the tree structure that had been placed in the bottom of the lake for them.

Was a neat experience and I thank Bob and Greg for giving me the chance to tag along.

Edit: Although the fish were contained on the truck pictured and Bob's goosneck fish hauling trailer, I think Bob said the fish were sourced from 4 different fish farms to get both the sizes and genetic diversity wanted. Both northern BG and CNBG along with RES were stocked. FHM will follow this week.

Attached Images
20180523_145517.jpg 20180523_155534.jpg 20180523_155512.jpg 20180523_161540.jpg
Last edited by snrub; 05/27/18 08:54 AM.

John

I subscribe to Pond Boss Magazine