Here is an update on the pump upgrade for my aeration system. I did end up with a Gast 1023 pump.

I was running 4 AP100 Pondmaster linear diaphragm pumps, three each on a dual Matala diffuser for my 3 acre main pond and one that split air for two single diffesers in my 1/10th acre sediment pond and 1/20th acre forage pond.

I left one of the AP100's running the small ponds and put the 1023 on the three double diffusers in the main pond. It puts out considerably more air than the three AP100's at the 8-10' depth they were operating at.

The manifold is just a four outlet water hydrant valve. A manufactured manifold or just individual ball valves plumbed together would make for a little more professional setup but the water valve does have stainless balls on nylon seats so it works just fine. But by the time you buy the adapters to garden hose to pipe to hose barbs there is likely no cost savings. What I am trying to say is this is not particularly the best way to do a manifold but it does work and works well. I do close my south outlet to restrict flow to it because it is a couple feet shallower and was hogging more of the air than the center or north diffuser. By closing off that valve a strategic amount all three diffusers look to have about the same water boil.

Probably did overkill mounting the pump. It sits into holes (so I can easily lift the whole pump out without unbolting anything) isolated by some home made rubber isolators and sits on a rubber pad made from some scrap rubber bed liner for a pickup truck.

Pics with descriptions below.

There is still a little to do. I salvaged a timer out of our defunct turkey barns that used to run fogger pumps to use with this pump. Currently I am running the pump from about 7:30 am till 1 pm then again for another hour or so at about 6pm for something over 6 hours a day. I want to mount the manifold rather than just having it lay in there like it is.

My advice? If your time is worth anything buy a factory system. But I like to learn and tinker with the stuff. So the DIY is part of my enjoyment. I would not say it has been a cost savings, but what I have does work well.

Attached Images
20180513_161708.jpg 20180513_161716.jpg 20180512_185641.jpg 20180512_185715.jpg 20180512_190757.jpg 20180512_190821.jpg

John

I subscribe to Pond Boss Magazine