Hey everyone,

I’ve been absent for quite a while. I switched careers and will hopefully be in a position to purchase some land in the next year or two. I’ve had my eye on a certain lot since I became interested in owning a pond. This pond has changed a ton in ten years. I have a few pictures from 2008 when the pond was 4-5 deep in most spots with tons of muck and leaves built up on the bottom. The clarity was fairly good though.

I also recall during heavy rains that water would spill into the roadway. I am unsure if this is a dig out pond or if it’s just a collection site. I’m hoping that if the side that spills over is raised up It may increase depth but I’m not quite sure as I haven’t really looked at the lay of the land since 2008. I may head out there next week for additional pictures. I don’t remember seeing any fish in the pond when I was cruising it on my float tube.

I looked on google maps and I can see that the pond is now choked with weeds and vegetation. I’m not even sure if it’ll be worth trying to save or if I’d be better off tying to get acreage and building a fresh pond.

Any opinions or advice would be appreciated.

Thanks,

RB

Future Pond Boss
[Linked Image from i53.photobucket.com][Linked Image from i108.photobucket.com]