Please excuse this long post, but I want to give as much information as may be important. 6 years ago I bought this property with an existing old strip mine pond. It is horseshoe shaped covering about 2 acres but only about 50' across. It has steep high walls on all but one end near the house, where it slopes up genitally. The deepest part I have found is about 12'. I never saw any sign of fish being in it so I assumed for a while it was too acidic. 2 years ago just for the heck of it, I caught about 3 or 4 small bull heads from a creek nearby and released them in the pond. I never saw them again, but never found them floating either. Last fall, I had a local fish hatchery test my water. It tested a PH of 6.3 which he said was fine and he could see "zooplankton" in the water which told him I was good to stock fish in the spring. This spring, I tested the water again, it was running about 6.2 so I built a dock, installed an aerator, and bought 30 LMB, 60 bluegill, 30 Hybrid bluegill, 30 shell crackers and 2000 fathead minnows to get them all started. While sitting on the dock, I started seeking a few bullhead catfish babies about 3 to 4 inches long. I thought, I'll be darned, those catfish spawned and must still be in there. I also noticed some white spots on the baby catfish like "ick". One by one over several weeks I saw dead baby catfish floating. There are still a few I see now and then that do NOT have any whites spots and seem healthy and fine. BUT, BUT, BUT....I have NOT seen even one of the fish I bought and paid for. Not swimming, floating or otherwise in any shape or form. Are they dead laying on the bottom? Are they gone, or are they just hiding in all the underbrush??

Last edited by TimJean; 05/16/18 10:02 AM.