Newly built pond. Just barely under 1/2 acre. Most of pond is deep(deepest is 13.5ft).
Goal of pond: swimming, asthetics-home overlooks it, and fishing: mainly simple sunfish fishing for kids but would like to also be able to catch bass and catfish and plan on eating some fish.

Just stocked yesterday with 400 coppernose bluegill and 100 Channel cats. I was advised to wait until next year to introduce the HFLB so the bluegills could get established and reproduce....Are these numbers ok? if not another fish truck is coming to my home town this coming weekend.
Also-yesterday the truck had large koi: I bought one for the fun of it(Have kids and pond is super clear-thought it might be fun to be able to see especially while feeding, but I only bought 1 because of fear of reproduction(Pond I grew up with had large grass carp and as they got bigger they seemed to effect the bass population by destroying the bass beds when they came in shallow to forage.
Is my assumption on the grass carp correct or should I consider purchasing a couple for control of growth in pond?
Thanks

Last edited by BradyB; 05/16/18 08:56 AM.