Originally Posted By: canyoncreek
SetterGuy did you get the feeder working and is that part of the equation? lots of good quality feed? I know you have lots of forage which helps. That perch, if female, certainly dropped eggs already so it would have been fun to catch when loaded with eggs.

CC, I wouldn’t let anyone take any YP this year until they were done spawning. I’m just not 100% sure I have “that many”. The feeder worked great last year, but is having issues again this year. I need to get a full battery in it to see if that won’t get the top wheel spinning. I feed Optima BG and Bass feeds mixed together. But I don’t feed really heavy, even when it’s working.
By the dock there are schools of smaller fish. Still lots of very small HBG. When caught they become turtle food.
When I hand throw the feed, there are some very large swirls of fish feeding. I’m thinking SMB, but they could be the invisible HSB.

9 yr old pond, 1 ac, 15' deep.
RES, YP, GS, FHM (no longer), HBG (going away), SMB, and HSB (only one seen in 5 yrs) Restocked HSB (2020) Have seen one of these.
I think that's about all I should put in my little pond.
Otter attack in 2023