Setterguy wanted SMB and Yellow Perch. He had already stocked FHM, so I suggested a very heavy stocking of YP...1200 originally...along with (I think) 20 pounds of Golden Shiners and some Hybrid Striped Bass.

Sadly, the day before delivering the SMB and YP, a water change using well water hit a lot of the YP....The well water was very high in Hydrogen Sulfide and YP instantly reacted to the poison....the vast majority survived, but there is no way to estimate just how many. Then, a lot of Golden Shiners committed suicide in some straw netting under water that setterguy had laid around the pond to prevent erosion...so again, no way to know just how many lived, but obviously, more than enough YP are there for fun angling and great table fare, and plenty of GSH are fattening the YP and SMB! There were some HBG added also along the way....I've stocked the SMB/YP/GSH/HSB/FHM combo in other ponds...as far south as central GA and best pond I have seen has YP/WE and monster SMB in it just west of Nashville, TN