Originally Posted By: TGW1
Pat, as suggested, I walked the bank last weekend and came up on a male lmb guarding a nest in about two foot of water. When he saw me he swam up closer and was looking me eye to eye and he looked to be saying, come on in and I will bite your arse. Acted like he was a guard dog. Others I walked up on seemed to exit pretty fast and then return to the nest. And if you were asking me about seeing any shad, I lost all my TFS this winter. Been thinking I might try my hand at cast netting an area on Caddo Lake where I have seen many balls of shad on my fish finder while fishing the main river channel. I understand that TFS tend to run river channels. Buying TFS is not in my pond budget this year at the pond or I would contact Todd Overton to bring me some with the Tp that he is bringing May 14th.

Glad to see you are having such success this year, Tracy. Don't know about you, but I found the Optimal sacks let in some rain water and some spoilage occurred -- my wife & I have to pick out the bad bits when we pour it into the feeders.

Now that you are getting big bass, have you considered gizzard shad? My BOW maxes out around 4 lb LMB right now, so it is too soon for me, but sounds like you have LMB big enough to handle them.

Last edited by anthropic; 05/06/18 02:45 AM.

7ac 2015 CNBG RES FHM 2016 TP FLMB 2017 NLMB GSH L 2018 TP & 70 HSB PK 2019 TP RBT 2020 TFS TP 25 HSB 250 F1,L,RBT -206 2021 TFS TP GSH L,-312 2022 GSH TP CR TFS RBT -234, 2023 BG TP TFS NLMB, -160