Ok....maybe I'm being too anal and just need to let the pond do its thing. A week ago, visibility was at less than 10 inches. Today, it measures 29" (measured using a white mug dangled from a pole). I haven't done a thing during that time. The water has now become more green than turbid throughout with exception to the north side, which is blanketed along the bank with a light green skum like coating which I believe is pollen. Doesnt look like any FA I've ever encountered.

About two weeks ago I placed 6 wire pillow type baskets approx. 24" long x 12" circumference, stuffed with wheat straw and a piece of styrofoam, and on the last mowing, decided to knock down the plant growth around the edge. It was close to waist high before i took it down to about a foot. The cuttings were all over the surface at one time, but now are mainly just around the edge and are still green. Other than just a few remaining cuttings, the surface is completely clear. No FA at all. Other than these factors nothing has been done. No rain in over 10 days. In two week's time, its gone from 18" to less than 10, then back to 29.

I have ordered a wide range ph test kit so I'll be able to monitor the balance soon.

Can anyone offer some possible antidotes as to what may have caused this swing in visibilty?

.10 surface acre pond, 10.5 foot deep. SW LA. The epitome of a mutt pond. BG, LMB, GSF, RES, BH, Warmouth, Longear Sunfish, Gambusia,Mud Minnows, Crappie, and now shiners!!...I subscribe!!