Hello All,
I am hoping for a little help on placement and design of some fish structure I am about to make for my pond. I live on a ~3 acre pond that has a very healthy bluegill population and some decent 4-5 lb Largemouth bass. We also have ~3-4lb brown bullheads and crappie. My end of the pond is about 5-6ft deep and the far end gets down to about 17ft. The bottom is pretty mucky, the ponds were built in the 50’s-60’s to the best of my knowledge. My goals are to create additional structure to help with the BG and potentially give crawfish a place to take hold. I have tried trapping crawfish several times with no luck, I think there is just not enough cover for them to escape the bass. I can fill up my minnow traps in no time with BG which I then use to fish for LMB.

I have already created about 10 pvc spike attractors like these:

I placed them where the white lines are on this picture of my dock:

I got my hands on about 12 of these plastic pallets at work, I was thinking of zip tying them together like this to sink and give fish some cover.

or

And advice on how to tie them (stacked bottom to bottom like 1st pic vs in a stack like 2nd pic) or where to sink them? I was thinking of putting a couple directly under the dock to hold BG and then a few out in the deeper water so the fish can move from structure to structure as the water temps change. Any advice is welcome, thanks in advance!