Hello I own a farm that has a probably around 1/4 acre pond on it. It currently has crappie that I know of and some bluegill in it. I have yet to see a bass hanging around... anyway, over the past few years the cat tails have taken over the pond. To the point where there is only about a 6 foot break in them that you can fish from shore... the pond is also very algae thick... so, I am trying to figure out what I can do to revive this pond. It is an excellent fishery for crappie... but only during their spawn weeks because there isn’t a lot of space to fish anywhere but this small spot. basically I am wanting to get rid of cat tails, and add some large mouth bass... what is my best option for preventing the growth of the cattails again? I have access to tractors, and most things I would need, I just want to know the process to make it more fishable, and look better. The water is around 11-12’ deep in the middle... what would I need to do to prevent so much algae growth... I can post pictures if that would help... there is a ton of frogs, tadpoles, lizards and all kinds of smaller things in and around the shore. It has been here for a long time, and a few years ago the pond turned over and the fish died except for the crappie. So I am wanting to start managing this pond, making it better, and making it suitable for largemouth bass, and crappie. What can I do to reduce the amount of plant growth in the pond? Do I need to dig the cat tails up, and make the sides of the pond deeper so the shallows are around 2-3 feet deep? What can I do to get rid of cat tails and keep from coming back?