Hello,

I have an acre pond in NE indiana going into its second year. Its around 9-15' in deep end and 5-6' in shallow. This spring we added limestone around the pond to prevent erosion and I have grass planted with straw mats covering which was put in about a week and a half ago. I have about 250 YP of all classes. Every day for the past 4-5 days I have found at least one yellow perch floating on the edge but usually a couple (14 total now out of what I would estimate 275 in pond). The YP are from about 6" all the way to 13". The dead ones have been in 6-10" range. Minnows have died in bunches as well. The water is very muddy looking and some areas have a brown film. Originally I didn't have any water circulation. I noticed fish starting to die so threw in a water fountain I borrowed but hasn't done any good. Being a new pond there is no vegetation, just a little FA starting. I planted some duck potato and pickerel plant recently but it hasn't sprouted. Any ideas on how to stop the fish from dying?

Attached Images
20180423_134242_resized.jpg
Last edited by Hoosierguy86; 04/24/18 02:10 PM.