Welcome to the club threeforme, Your ponds have beautiful settings, Congrats!

The first thing that comes to mind to ask is... how deep are they? My little pond was considerable older when I purchased the land, but at 50 years old and only a 1/4 acre...it was silted in to only 2 feet deep. It would have been foolish for me to even try to stock that old hole. So long as you have plenty of depth then managing becomes worth while. 6 years later...I will be stocking fish into a renovated pond that is now 10 feet deep and ready for the challenge.

The second thing I would do is find out what's already there to a high confidence level. Fishing, trapping, and seining would be good start. Do some research on Fish Relative Weights and determine the health of the existing populations. You may find that the pond only need some creative management OR that resetting the pond/s make more sense and starting from scratch.

At any rate, you have come to the right place. PB will allow you to get as deep into your ponds as you can stand! I started researching pond management just a couple years ago and can not get enough.

Fish on!,
Noel