Well after a year of revamping my one acre pond, I finally got the water tested by the local extension service and I got terrible results. The alkalinity was 3ppm. I knew it was going to be bad because of the area and the fact that it always has water running through it(never drops level) but never thought it would be that bad.

I know lime is the answer but considering my very limited budget, limited sources for lime in the area, would probably on have to get lime in bags because a truck can't really make it ddown there, and the huge amount I'll probably need, I may just be screwed.

I guess my question is, will multiple feeders, great vegetation/artificial cover, and good management make it productive at all without liming???

O yea it's BG and LMB pond with a great BG population that's full of feed trained monster bluegill. It has a relatively small bass population and I'm managing it for bass fishing. It has two feeders and a bojo fish light and was going to add golden shiners for additional bass food.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, because I have already dedicated lots of time and money to this project and really wanna keep this thing up because I have enjoyed this pond management thing so much.