Originally Posted By: Bobbss

John,do you mind saying what you spent on your set up,and what brand you got?

I had first a Harbor Freight 2" water pump. It was relatively cheap and worked great. I put over 200 hours on it in less than two years.
Around $200 with coupon.

After I decided it was going to be a long term thing, I sold the HF on CL and bought a Honda pump. The Honda WB20XT3 model pumps about 7% more water than the HF and uses about half the gas, and is somewhat quieter. Around $375.

The two inch poly pipe, I got from the scrap pile at the local electric cooperative. They use it for conduit for buried HV cable. They don't like to splice it, so when it gets too short for a run, it becomes scrap. I only had to haul it away (not easy, it's stiff and springy) and buy some external 2" PVC slip splices so to not reduce the diameter, a ball valve, strainer, and short length of 2" sch 40 PVC. Probably spent $40.

The pipe is so slick it will back out of the compression splices unless it is banded together with clamps and strapping. Bob, if you are interested, I can send you some pictures, instructions, etc.

I have become proficient at laying everything out, pumping, and putting it all away in proper order.

I am pumping about 490 feet with a total lift of about 16 feet, get about 3,800-4,000 gallons per hour.

Note: if you are starting from scratch, you will need to also buy 15-20 feet of suction hose (got mine much cheaper online). It's about $4/ft at TSC.

Last edited by John Fitzgerald; 04/21/18 03:26 PM.