No yellow perch at this time. Maybe after aeration and if there seems to be room for them. I think they would be a cool fish to have, but I am a bit overwhelmed just getting off the beaten path with HBG and HSB.

I have been talking to three fish suppliers and should make a decision today. Leading the race is Harrison's Fishery in Hurdland, Mo. due strictly to phone customer service even though they are an extra hour away.

Harrisons wants me to bring 55 gallon barrels (which I have). I was assuming bagged fish. This will make it a bit more cumbersome when it comes time to acclimate the fish to the pond. I think I will have to siphon water from the barrels into 5 gallon buckets, net some fish to the buckets, set buckets in pond to equalize the temperature, add some pond water to equalize the water chemistry, and then dump them into a floating net contraption that I made so that I can sort through them to ensure no hitchhikers. We will see if the 2.5 hour drive and the extra finagling allows for the extra stress of being sorted.

Fish on!,
Noel