Originally Posted By: beastman
Get those fish in now, start feeding and watch them grow, you will enjoy from your new dock . Also, by supplying feed they will not do as much damage on the FHM.

I like your selection, not sure on that many HBG but do you plan to harvest some each year?

CC would be only over-population issue if they successfully spawn. I would personally skip them, as I'd rather have more space for the HSB.

I have ordered the Optimal Junior and Starter Feed #4 (Per Clayton at Optimal's advise) as the largest available sizes for the pan fish are 3-4" and the HSB = 4-6". He also said that the reverse effect can be seen with regards to the fish eating food vs minnows. Clayton suggested that the fish may not take to the food as quickly because of the available minnows. We will see.

I do not plan to do a lot of harvesting, but will harvest as much as necessary to properly manage the pond.

I have added and removed the CC from the list many times over the last year and had scratched them off, again, for the same reasons prior to your (Beastman's)reply . I still might add one?

Fish on!,
Noel