What's up with the wide range of stocking opinions from fish suppliers and why does it seem so far off from the experts here?

It's time to stock my 1/4 acre pond and I am calling a few places to see what's currently available and get a feel for their over-the-phone customer service. I have highly considered a PB members (Rainman) suggestion from my previous "what to stock" thread of...

500 HBG
25-50 RES
25-40 HSB
10-20 CC

Without getting real windy here with the details of my pond's characteristics and such, I will say that I have done all my research here at PB for my stocking plans until today. I called 3 different suppliers and they wanted to suggest the typical BG, LMB, and CC. They seem to think that my hybrid plan was out of line, but "it's your pond and so on...". And, their stocking numbers were far less than what I had in mind so they weren't trying to over sell me. It was almost hard to keep them on the phone to get the rest of my questions answered once they deemed me Coo-Coo.

It was almost like they were offended that I had a plan and did not want to take their advice.

What gives?

Last edited by Quarter Acre; 04/17/18 07:44 AM.

Fish on!,
Noel