snrub, I like the way you approached the aeration times and would have to agree with what you said for the most part when speaking of DO during the time plankton produces it's highest output of oxygen and how one might use the diffusers in the pond for better oxygen distribution. I bought a DO meter( recommended by Todd Overton) last year and ran samples during the day and even a couple of nights. It was worth all the money, time and effort I spent to see and understand my pond and the fish and diffusers. I never expected to see low DO numbers at the bubbles but understood it all after testing. Hay, I am not the sharpest pencil in the box smile Had to see it all I guess to understand it. As said earlier here, I have a problem with the diffusers kicking up dirt, detritus etc off the bottom, contributing to the cloudy water I have sometimes. I have tried different things like cinder blocks, baby swimming pools in different configurations an nothing seemed to reduce the plum of cloudy water. So, right now I am building platforms to set the diffusers off the bottom some 18" on the first run and will adjust the height of the platforms as needed. Platforms are made of expanded metal and angle iron, where my Kasco diffusers will set. After I get them running I plan to look at your discussion, thoughts, here a little closer and maybe see where the DO might lead me. I have to give Bob Lusk some credit here, where he said GOD designed a thermal cline for good reason. I need to keep that in mind also when using the diffusers. smile

Last edited by TGW1; 04/07/18 07:56 AM.

Do not judge me by the politicians in my City, State or Federal Government.

Tracy