Originally Posted By: teehjaeh57
Great feedback DL - our takeaway here is intensive and thoughtful management strategies have a huge impact on the development of a fishery...you are proof positive even dealing with pure BCP genetics that counter intuitive goals can be achieved. 2000 BCP over 10" is an amazing accomplishment...not much better fillet for dripping in beer batter and dropping into the peanut oil....maybe YP? grin

Thanks TJ....I'm not saying that anything like what we've done could be accomplished with a 'leave it alone' mentality - I think our success is primarily based on our focused fishing goals....I'm right now in the 400 +- range for BCP removal annually. I adjust that based on catch, RWE and male/female ratio. A pond like mine would fail miserably if not managed, I believe.

Boy I hope YP are better than BCP! My small pond will hopefully be producing some eating size YPs this year! And if they're better than BCP I'll be a happy boy, because BCP is phenomenal!

Dale

[Linked Image from i90.photobucket.com]

"When tempted to fight fire with fire, remember that the Fire Department usually uses water." - anonymous