Aeration through diffusers is good from all I have personally experienced and read. In my pond after the diffusers have been run 24/7 it seems that the pond has a decent DO reading throughout the pond during the most difficult times during the hot summer months. But I ran across a different problem that I believe the diffusers are instrumental in and that is disturbing detritus from the pond bottom and causing the water to become cloudy with lower visibility. And it may cause my fish to grow slower and harder to catch also. In a catch 22 during the summer, is as the water in the pond drops there is more and more detritus spread around in shallower water and as the pond drops the diffusers which were once in 10'of water is now in 7' and the diffusers are less beneficial at that depth. I am trying to find a way that the diffusers will kick up less material. If I raise them up from the bottom then when the pond drops the diffusers become less beneficial. I am working on a solution, I hope!

Last edited by TGW1; 04/02/18 08:24 AM.

Do not judge me by the politicians in my City, State or Federal Government.

Tracy