snrub, I am one of those Texas guys you mentioned. So, like you, I am trying to figure out when is the best times for me to run the diffusers. When I added the diffusers (6 of them), I was told to run them 24/7 (by two different companies) and that is what I did for the past two years. But now, after watching Bob's Facebook program, I have agree with a pond needing a some cooler water during the hot summer months. Last year I monitored the DO and water temps from top to bottom. The water did have a cool spot but only the bottom foot of water where the DO was low. So now I am thinking of running them from 7 or 8pm to 8 am. Hoping to keep the DO up and the water a little cooler in the hot summer months here. Due to different pond bottom depths at different places turn over rates have to be different at different locations in the pond. I also see snrubs thinking or thoughts on running the diffusers at different times of the day to provide more O2 throughout the depths of the pond. How long would you run the system to move a little water around during the day, but maintain some cooler spots?

Last edited by TGW1; 03/30/18 07:34 AM.

Do not judge me by the politicians in my City, State or Federal Government.

Tracy